Tuesday, 21 May 2024

 Air Peace Boss, Onyema Declared Wanted Fugitive in US Over $20m Money Laundering Scam

The recent visit of British royal couple, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to Nigeria may have re-ignited investigation into an alleged $20million money laundering scam involving Air Peace Boss, Dr. Allen Onyema.

According to a report published recently in New York Times, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were reportedly welcomed to Lagos, Nigeria by a fugitive wanted in the United States for money laundering and bank fraud.

Dr. Allen Onyema, 59, was among a small group of officials who greeted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex when they touched down in the city last Sunday, according to the Daily Mail.

Onyema is the founder and CEO of Air Peace, a Nigerian carrier that Meghan and Harry used on their 3-day tour of the country.


The charismatic businessman is well-known in Nigeria, but is the subject of a US federal indictment filed back in November 2019.

At the time, the US Department of Justice released a statement saying Onyema was “charged with bank fraud and money laundering for moving more than $20 million from Nigeria through United States bank accounts in a scheme involving false documents based on the purchase of airplanes.”


Onyema allegedly used the laundered money, in part, to buy a Lexus, a Rolls Royce, a Mercedes and designer goods at Prada and Louis Vuitton, CNN has reported.

It’s unclear whether Harry and Meghan are aware of the charges filed against the airline CEO.


Onyema has maintained his innocence, saying back in 2019: “Be rest assured that I also have my lawyers on this and these mere allegations will be refuted.”

“I never laundered money in my life, neither have I committed bank fraud anywhere in the world,” he further asserted. “Every Kobo [Nigerian currency] I transferred to the US for aircraft purchase went through the Central Bank of Nigeria LC regime and all were used for the same purpose.”

In 2010, Onyema began traveling frequently to Atlanta, where he opened several personal and business bank accounts.

According to the DOJ announcement, over $44.9 million was allegedly transferred into Onyema’s Atlanta-based accounts from foreign sources between 2010 and 2018.

“Onyema allegedly leveraged his status as a prominent business leader and airline executive while using falsified documents to commit fraud,” U.S. Attorney Byung J. “BJay” Pak said in the announcement.

“We will diligently protect the integrity our banking system from being corrupted by criminals, even when they disguise themselves in a cloak of international business.”

Harry and Meghan spent 3 days in Nigeria last week after being invited by the West African country’s chief of defense staff — its highest-ranking military official.

Sources within the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office told the Daily Mail that Harry and Meghan were “visiting Nigeria in a private capacity” and that the UK government was not involved in “arranging or facilitating” their activities.

However, critics of the couple claimed the trip imitated a “royal tour” — despite the fact the Sussexes stopped being working royals in 2020.


The tour is said to have made both Prince Willian and King Charles “absolutely furious.”

“Everything you might expect from an official royal visit was there,” author Tom Quinn said about Harry and Meghan’s trip to Nigeria.

Author and royal expert Tom Quinn told the Mirror that “Charles is said to be angrier than anyone has ever seen him.”

“Everything you might expect from an official royal visit was there — the receptions, the visits to schools and charities, to wounded soldiers and the disabled,” Quinn stated.


 

Friday, 3 May 2024

 62 YR-OLD WOMAN AMONG WINNERS AS COBRA CASINO BERTHS IN LAGOS

By Lanre Olaleye 


A 62 year-old woman, Mrs. Benson was among the first set of winners at the grand opening ceremony of Cobra Casino in Ikoyi, Lagos.

The elderly woman, a betting enthusiast won the sum of N250, 000 (Two hundred and fifty thousand naira) in the live Bingo draw held Wednesday night (1st May, 2024) as part of activities marking the official opening ceremony of Cobra Casino.

In the presence of teeming gaming enthusiasts, regulators, other critical stakeholders and the invited guests, the casino was officially opened to business at exactly 2:00 p.m. much to the excitement and admiration of everyone in attendance.


Interestingly, luck and fortunes seemed to have smiled on three of the invited guests who won a combined total sum of N942, 000 (Nine hundred and forty-six thousand naira) on slot machine 2,3, and 5.

The trio (two ladies and a gentleman) who pleaded not to be named were immediately paid their winnings through bank transfers before they departed the casino


From the stable of Winners Golden Ventures, Cobra Casino is poised to take an enviable spot in the gaming and entertainment industry in Nigeria.

Located at the beautiful and serenity premises on 91, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, Cobra Casino is fashion after the Southeast Asian casino culture with a vibrant and diverse phenomenon that reflects a rich cultural heritage and love for gaming in luck and fortune, food and beverages, entertainment and strict regulations.

Cobra Casino offers a wide range of games, including slots, bacarrat, roulette, Texas Hold'em, poker, black jack etc. 

It is operated by Cobra Entertainment and is licensed and regulated by the Lagos State Government.


Speaking at the official opening ceremony, the Director of Finance and Administration, Gbenga Ademoyo said the company's passion for actively involved in any game business informed the birthing of Cobra Casino adding that it has the potential to become the leading player in the casino business because it offers the best in terms of varieties of games, the ambience and security.


On the significance of the name 'Cobra' Ademoyo asserted: "The cobra snake is a fascinating and feared creature. Cobras have cultural and symbolic significance in many societies, representing rebirth, renewal, and royalty. With this symbolism, Cobra Casino represent rebirth and renewal in the casino business in Nigeria and we are highly determined to wear the crown as the leading casino from now on."


Expectedly, Azeez Adeshina, a career casino manager with close to 20 years experience in the casino business will be leading Cobra's charge for a successful future. With a strong network of contacts,  Adeshina has the aura to attract the critical stakeholders to record success.

"We are faced with an audacious task before us but we are determined to pull through all the stops. Part of the things that sets Cobra Casino from others are live Bingos, where gamers have opportunity to win millions on a daily basis.


"We are also going to introduce tournaments from Texas as well as offer attractive bonuses. We are going to rely more on our customer relations strategy to build a strong customer base through our social media handles @cobracasino on Facebook and Instagram. 

Aside this, we are going to be partnering with some Southeast Asian agents whereby we are going to contract some table to them to bring in some Asian stakers," Adeshina stated.



Friday, 12 April 2024

 HOW OSOLO DIED

The Real Cause of His Death

By Lanre Olaleye


Dateline: Osolo's Palace, Isolo, Lagos (Sunday 31st March 2024)

It was a normal day for the Osolo of Isolo, Oba Kabir Adelaja Alani Agbabiaka. The Osolo's Palace is a Mecca of some sort for Muslims and all manner of people especially during the Ramadan fasting when the down-trodden and the less privilege gather to collect food items facilitated by the monarch and the Isolo Local Council Development Area (LCDA) to break their fast.

As a normal practice, Oba Agbabiaka had Iftar (breaking of fast) with his chiefs, close friends and associates in his palace. Thereafter, he reportedly said his prayers and later rejoined his friends for the normal conversations and banters till around 11 p.m. when he was said to have retired to bed. Some of his chiefs reportedly escorted him to his inner chambers before bidding him goodbye.

Osolo's busy schedule during the day demands he should have a well-deserve night rest. Hence, one  of his wives, Olori Khadijat had left a stern instruction to palace aides not to disturb the monarch from his sleep. 

In what later appeared to be a journey of no return, an insider within the palace recounted the final moments of the Isolo monarch. He exclusively told The Snoop during a chat a loud scream from the Oba's inner chambers rudely shattered the peace within the palace a few hours after midnight when many were fast asleep.

"There was serious commotion in the palace as Kabiyesi was shouting and screaming at the top of his voice and muttering "My head! my head!!, my head!!!. Our source began.

"He was clutching his head even as his screams woke up many of us within the palace. We all rushed to his inner chamber to know what had happened.

There and then, we knew something bad had happened because he was still clutching his head. He was sweating profusely and looked so pale and weak.

"We were confused and dejected because he was not responding to antidotes that were administered on him to subside the headache. He was breathing heavily and caught a pitiable sight even as he continued muttering inaudibly. Then it was decided he should be taken to Newline Hospital around Aswani where his condition worsened because he had lost consciousness. After two days without improvement on his condition, the doctor advised he should be refered to LASUTH for proper intervention," revealed our source who did not want his name mentioned in print for obvious reason.

At LASUTH, the embattled monarch was said to have been given prompt attention following the directive of Gov. Babajide Olusola Sanwoolu who reportedly directed the hospital management to muster all resources to save the monarch's life.

The Osolo who until his death was the secretary of the Lagos State Obas Council was placed in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) after falling into coma. 

"He was in coma for about nine days before he eventually gave up the ghost. He was not battling any terminal disease and the sickness came rather too sudden." 

Asked what could have been the actual cause of death, our source said doctors at LASUTH did not discuss his case with anyone except his wife and junior brother. He, however, informed that Cerebral  Stroke was listed as the cause of death in the Death Certificate issued by the hospital management.

Findings revealed Cerebral Stroke happen when a blood clot block the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain. These blood clots typically form in area where the arteries has been narrowed or blood over time by fatty deposits. 

However, the hospital verdict has not bode well with the opinion of many who were well acquainted with the late monarch. Speculations were rife that the monarch must have died through supernatural cause. 

"The manner through which it happened gave credence to the fact that it was a spiritual attack. It was a known pattern by evil doers to catch their victims by surprise. It came so sudden and the perpetrators are happy now that they have achieved their aim. But one thing is certain, God will one day catch up with them," another source told our correspondent.



Wednesday, 10 April 2024

 Osolo of Isolo Is Dead

By Lanre Olaleye


The Osolo of Isolo, Oba Kabiru Adelaja Agbabiaka is dead.

The Isolo monarch died yesterday 9th May 2024 after a brief illness.

Oba Agbabiaka who until his death was the secretary of the Lagos State Traditional Council was crowned Isolo monarch in 2004 after the demise of the former Osolo, Oba Yekini Goloba who died in 2003.

Though the demise of Oba Agbabiaka has not been officially communicated by authorities of Isolo Local Council Development Area (LCDA), The Snoop exclusively gathered that the flamboyant king died in the early hours of Tuesday after an undisclosed brief illness.

Oba Agbabiaka who was once the Head of Okota Family thus became the second Isolo monarch to die during the Muslim festive period. The first was Oba Disu Olayiwola Faronbi who died on June 30th 1984 on Sallah Day.



Monday, 18 March 2024

 First Lady Moves Against Oyetola's Son Over Extortion Allegation

By Lanre Olaleye 

There is a growing disquietness within the Presidential Villa as the First Lady, Sen. Oluremi Tinubu has moved against Femi Oyetola, the son of  the Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Gboyega Oyetola over the alleged extortion schemes.

The minister is the junior brother to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and therefore is brother in-law to the First Lady who literally consider the Oyetola's as part of the First Family.

However, The Snoop exclusively gathered the First Lady is increasingly disillusioned with series of alleged extortion of top officials of the agencies under the Ministry of Marine and Blue Economy by the minister's son, Femi.

 

Sources in the ministry say Femi Oyetola carries himself in a way that is unbecoming in the agencies under the supervision of his father, using his relationship with the minister to coerce top officials in the ministry to fund his extravagant lifestyle.

It was gathered that Femi imposed himself on officials of the ministry even when he has no official role whatsoever; dropping his father's name to extort money from the officials.

“On one occasion, Femi (Oyetola) stormed the office of a Director in the ministry and demanded for money to fund his weekend expenses. When the official seek to know the basis of such request, Femi flared up at him, warning of consequences if his demand is not met,” one of the sources who chooses not to be named narrated.

She said Femi furiously asked the Director to find out about him in Osun State where his father had served as Governor, noting that the rattled official was left with no option but to surrender to the demand of the young Oyetola.

It was gathered that Femi was imposing on officials in Osun while his father was Governor, pressuring them to surrender to his extortion to fund his extravagant lifestyle.

 Another source said Femi extortion is not limited to the ministry but also agencies that are under it, saying the son of the minister moved from one agency to the other to draw out money from the officials.

The source said Femi is a regular visitor at the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), which is manned by a former Commissioner in Osun State under his father, Mr. Bola Oyebamiji, who seems to literally indulge the reckless demands of the minister’s son.

At a point, the source noted, Mr. Oyebamiji impressed on officials under him to attend to any request that comes from Femi, stirring concerns among workers in the agency on the impunity that is taking root in the ministry

"This is not the first time we will be having a minister with a son but what we have seen with Femi (Oyetola) is quite disturbing,” the source who works in NIWA but do not want name in print for fear of reprimand said, adding that “He (Femi) takes advantage of his father’s position to extort officials and if you don’t want to agree with him, he resort to threat. It is really troubling." One of our sources revealed.

The shabby and ignoble practices of Femi, according to a presidential source, has not gone well with the Presidency, especially members of the President’s family, who considers the minister’s son conduct as a blight to the Tinubu administration and want his father to reign in on him before it is too late.

To this end, the First Lady, Sen. Oluremi Tinubu was reported to have had a private discussion with the minister with a view to putting his son's excesses in check, reminding him of the dangerous consequence such acts portend to the image of the President and the First Family.

“Femi (Oyetola) extortion scheme has reached the attention of the Presidency and I can tell you, they are not happy about it. Particularly the First Lady, Senator Oluremi Tinubu and the President’s first daughter, Iyaloja Shade Tinubu, who both viewed Femi's conduct as reckless and capable of tarnishing the image of the Tinubu administration if not curbed,” the source noted.

"Even Seyi Tinubu is not happy about reports on Femi, wondering why he chooses that route and not take a cue from what he’s doing to positively project the administration. And what he even uses the money for is not what people should even know.” Our source concluded.


The snoop

My photo
LAGOS, LAGOS, Nigeria
Snoop Communications Limited is a Nigerian registered company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1, 1990. (RC.......)